Mountain biking & cycling
Bike routes in Gerlos - Zell
Is adventure calling your name? Then conquer the mountains on bike along forest paths and nature trails. Enjoy the mountains, the forests, and nature in special ways. Explore the landscape at your own speed. Bike uphill with enthusiasm and dash down the mountain. The Zillertal Arena offers everything your heart could desire: exciting mountain biking or leisurely excursions on flat valley routes. In the Zillertal Arena, you can satisfy your desire for action, sports, and nature.
Other advantages awaiting you:
- With the "Zell-Gerlos bike ticket", you can take advantage of 1 ride up the lift in Zell and in Gerlos.
- In addition, transporting your bike up to an elevation of 1,800 m on the lift is free as is "cruising" at lofty heights.
movelo e-bikes - the comfortable way to bike
In summer, Gerlos in the Zillertal Arena is an ideal place to bike and hike, because it offers a perfectly developed network of paths in the magnificent landscape. On the route from Zell in the Zillertal via Gerlos to Wald-Königsleiten and to Krimml-Hochkrimml, you can enjoy a wonderful mountain panorama, unique nature, and fresh mountain air while biking. You can reach the most remote alpine huts with only a little exertion.
Since summer 2013, several sports shops in Gerlos offer movelo e-bikes to rent. Your natural pedaling motion is supported by the technology of movelo e-bikes, and you can save your energy. You can thus reach your desired destination without exhaustion or strain.
With speeds of up to 25km/hr, you can leisurely explore the wonderful landscape around the Zillertal Arena. Enjoy a relaxing bike ride from the Tyrol's Zillertal to Salzburg's Pinzgau.
After 40 - 60 km or 5 - 6 hrs., not only will the biker get tired, but the bike will also run out of steam. Simply change the battery at the charging stations and continue your bike tour after a short break.
On the following bike maps, which you will find on this page, you will get a good overview of the bike routes and their difficulty levels as well as refreshment opportunities after strenuous routes in the Zillertal Arena.
With the help of the quality control system Q-MTS®, the following quality standards were developed for bike regions, and of course "Mountain Bike Holidays" meets these requirements:
- Must have at least 20 well-planned mountain bike tours
- Must have a tour offer classified by difficulty level
- Must provide free mountain bike information material
- And of course a bike rental, shop, and repair station
- Must have detailed information on regional websites for mountain bikers
- Must offer expert advice
- Must offer bike transport on public transportation or lifts
The quality management system Q-MTS® is certified by TÜV Austria cert GmbH according to DIN EN ISO 9001:2008.