Skiing & snowboarding
Winter dream in the Tyrolean mountains
Enjoy the magic of winter as it transforms Gerlos into a fascinating winter wonderland. There are 2 opportunities to access the Zillertal Arena right in town. Awaiting you in the Zillertal Arena are 139 km of ski slopes as well as numerous huts and snow bars that invite you to enjoy delicious refreshments. Of course, you also can't miss out on the famous Gerlos après ski after an eventful day of skiing or snowboarding.
Info about the Zillertal Arena ski area
- 139 km of ski slopes at elevations from 1,300 m to 2,505 m excite guests from the the beginning of December to Easter
- 51 lifts and 200 snow cannons
- 283 ha of slopes equipped with snow-making machines
- Children's paradise with kid's ski school
- Arena Hot-Zone snow park with halfpipe
- 25 km of cleared hiking paths
- 12 km of cross-country trails
- Floodlit night cross-country trail
- Floodlit toboggan run
- Hands-free lift ticket
- Free WLAN access at the lift stations and huts
- Free ski bus
- Children's discount of 50%, youth discount of 20%
Here, you can find out everything about season times and the daily operation hours of the lifts in the Zillertal Arena. Get an up-to-date overview of all open lifts and slopes on the interactive slope map.
Zillertal Arena opening times
- Zell am Ziller Rosenalm lift: 8:30 am to 4:30 pm
- Zell am Ziller Karspitz lift: 8:00 am to 4:00 pm
- Gerlos, Königsleiten, Hochkrimml: 9:00 am to 4:00 pm
- Gerlosstein: 8:30 am to 4:30 pm (every 15 min., continuously if needed)
Everything good is so close by – this is the motto of our ski rentals in Gerlos. Choose from a vast selection of winter sports equipment, and nothing stands in the way of a perfect skiing vacation. Of course, you will also receive excellent advice when it comes to which skis, which snowboard, and which boots are best for you.
- The Gerlos ski bus can be used for free by every guest!
- People with alpine skis or snowboarding equipment can ride for free on the Christophorus line of the public bus!
The snow park in Gerlos is along the Vorkogel lift in a sunny, south-facing location. The entrance to the park is located at an elevation of 2020 m. The snow park stretches out over an area of 30,000 m² and is prepared daily.
In the Gerlos snow park, there is a beginner's area, a medium kicker line, and a pro line for the professionals. The park also includes a chill area with sound system and service station.
- Shaping frequency: 2x a day
- Way to the park: Isskogel lift in Gerlos – Ebenfeld X-Press – Vorkogel lift
- Park elevation: 2020 m
- Park area: 30,000m²
- Snow-making equipment: 4 cannons/guns
You will find even more fun & action on the 100 meter long halfpipe at the Fußalm in Gerlos or at the fun park in Gerlos Hochkrimml by the Speedy lift.